Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In the beginning....

Let's start with a bit of background....

As long as I remember myself in my adult life, I always wanted one particular car.
Yes, you guessed right. Alfa Spider! The older the better! With a small preference on models made between 1971 and 1974.

Finally after a while of searching (years...), my dream came true! I struck a very good deal for an Alfa Spider 1600 model of '73! I kind of still cannot believe that I bought this car. The deal was finalised today when I received the signed contract and I paid the money!

I will keep you posted on how Donna (this is her name from now on....mutual decision with my wife), is doing. Things that I will be taking care of in the near future: Give her a good bath (look at the picture! Inch thick dust! She also needs repainting. The clutch and gearbox need attention. Also the speedometer and RPM meters need some fixing too. Leather seats need some restoration as well. I am also looking into offering her a vintage car stereo. So if you have one in your garage that you don't need from that old car of dad's, now is your chance to be part of Donna's life!



Let's start this thing going!

I will be updating as long as I have more news! Make sure you visit me back!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello George!!!
very nice blog!!!
wish you the best my friend!

21:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good looking project, not bad at all. Nice looking car congratz on finding your dreamcar!

08:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go mate........
hope u manage to finish your car.....i will keep an eye for a radio.....

all the best mentor!

10:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello moystakia
Very nice blog (i was waiting something different but never mind)
I wish yo finish your car quickly my best friend (As po kai kamia malakia)

19:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya Georgios,
great project! sure will be fun restoring this car.
when can we see a red spider on the parking place?

18:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home